"Entire shelves empty..."

I realized that the COVID-19 pandemic was going to be a global, life-changing event when I noticed how interrupted my routine was. At first, when news of the pandemic was beginning to spread, I wasn't very concerned; I remember the H1N1 crisis, and being vaccinated and hearing of its impacts then, but I was far too young to have any strong connections to the event. Because of this, I have no personal reference of comparison for Coronavirus. I think my point of realization was going to the store to pick up a few items for my mom, who was too scared of the virus to go out herself. I saw entire shelves empty due to other customers stocking up. My parents were in a frenzy, frequently going to various stores all over our area, buying what they could. Additionally, I was also stunned into reality when I realized how business's supply chain was impacted; my mom would order things online and they wouldn't arrive for months later, if at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sister Doris Faber's First Election Experience

"Closing Churches? Unheard of in my lifetime!"